Minimum age and rules
You can take your theory test when your provisional licence becomes valid, this is normally on your 17th birthday, but you can apply for your licence 3 months before and have it waiting for you.
Rules for learner drivers
Before you start to drive you must
1.Hold a provisional licence
2. Make sure the vehicle you drive is roadworthy, properly taxed and insured
3. If you want to practice on your own, the accompanying driver needs to be over 21 years of age and have held a full licence for over 3 years.
4. As a learner driver you must display L plates on the front and rear of your car.
Apply for your provisional licence
If you have never applied for a licence before you will need to apply for one and
you must not drive until you have it in your possession.
Choosing a driving
Driving lesson Leeds will give you driving lessons in a structured enviroment with a hands on experience. From Driving lesson Leeds you can expect to learn how to drive, how to interact with traffic, how to drive in different enviroments and advice on being a responsible driver. Reputed, approved driving instructors have a very high standard of driving ability and a sound knowledge of the subjects associated with teaching others to drive.
when choosing a driving instructor
1. Registered educational institution
2. Number of years in the business
3. Good references
4. Regular instructor upgrading
5. Audio visual equipment
6. Classroom facilities
7. Assistance in preparing for theory test
8. Approved high grade instuctors
9. Instructors experience
10. In vehicle topics covered
11. Night driving options
12. Type of vehicle offered
13. Duration and cost of each lesson
14. Student and progress reports
15. Basic manoevres, teaching methods, freeway driving
16. Risk perception and management
17. Driving in adverse conditions
18. Same instructor for the complete course